The City issued green polycarts are used for yard waste such as leaves, twigs, and grass. The green polycarts may be purchased for a one time fee of $50.00. The $50 fee will be charged to your water bill after you receive the container. Please, contact Customer Service at 580-616-7300 if you would like to obtain a yard waste container
The City of Enid will collect the yard waste from these polycarts using automated trucks that are equipped with a specially designed arm that grasps and empties the carts. There are no additional monthly fees for the collection of these containers. The yard waste containers will be emptied on Wednesdays, beginning March 26, 2014, and will continue through September 18, 2014. Residents must place the green poly carts on the curb, the same day as the household trash, during holiday weeks. Please, view the Holiday Trash & Grass Route Calendar for a detailed schedule. Containers are emptied on the same day as household trash during the off season.
Please, follow these instructions carefully:
- Always place the container at the curb no later than 7:30 am on your collection day.
- Make sure you set your cart at the edge of your property next to the street, wheels above the curb, with the handle facing your home.
- Leave at least ten feet of clearance from other containers, parked vehicles, street and lampposts, trees, mailboxes and other obstructions.
- Place un-bagged grass clippings and small yard waste in the cart.
- Return container to side of house after it is emptied.
DO NOT DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Put any liquids, especially motor oil, gasoline, anti-freeze or paint in your polycart.
- Put hot ashes in the container.
- Put soil, sand, branches of any size, bricks, concrete, building material, auto parts, scrap metal, tires, and dead animals in the cart.
- Leave container in the street after your pick up day.
You may call the City of Enid Service Center at 580-616-7300 or 580-616-7315 if you need any additional information. Thank you for your support with these changes to our yard waste collection.
Trash items placed outside of the containers will not be picked up.