Advisory to the City Commission on matters relating to livestock.
• To make recommendations to and assist the Mayor and Board of Commissioners on matters involving livestock;
• To provide advice and education on best practices regarding the care and handling of livestock;
• To develop forums and/or activities to promote safe, clean and healthy livestock operations within the city of Enid;
• To adopt any necessary rules and regulations for conducting its business;
• To hear complaints about livestock;
• To refer any matter to the appropriate City, State or Federal official for further action.
Board Membership and Qualifications: Five residents of the city of Enid comprised of the following:
• A person with knowledge of proper livestock operations, such as an agricultural teacher, 4H teacher/advisor, veterinarian, or an agricultural related business person;
• A registered livestock owner;
• A livestock owner who is not required to register;
• Two at-large residents who shall demonstrate knowledge of or interest in livestock operations.
Terms of Office: Three years.
Meeting Schedule: Meets on call as needed.
• David McCreary
• Monte McMeans
• Marva Hamlin
• Rosy Biggs
• Kevin Hackett
Last updated: 1/9/2012 12:02:02 PM